Podcast: Craig Fuller, Founder & CEO of FreightWaves
Envisioning the future of the trucking industry
Priyanka talks to Craig Fuller – Founder & CEO of FreightWaves, a platform that provides the most up-to-date information on the freight market. He’s also the founder of BiTA, which is the Blockchain in Transport Alliance - an association to help educate and advocate for the implementation of blockchain applications across the logistics industry.
Craig’s also been involved in developing a futures market for the trucking industry – which surprisingly isn’t something that already exists and could be a game-changer in what’s over a $1 trillion industry!
Questions Craig answered
- What is the biggest, most under-rated development that’s unfolding in the logistics industry at the moment?
- What is the most over-rated trend reported today about the freight industry that’s unlikely to have any major impact?
- Why isn’t there already an existing futures market for the trucking industry? And what will it take for it to actually take off? What effect would this have on the business?
- Now that incumbents have started coming out with their own digital freight matching platforms, what does this mean for VC-backed tech start-ups?
- Is there really a driver shortage?
- What is the role that blockchain is currently playing in logistics and how long will it be before it’s ubiquitous? What are the major roadblocks currently to its adoption?
- Paint me a picture… What does the freight industry look like 10 years from now?
For more on this, listen on.
- Episode 14: Doug Stephens on Amazon’s blind side and the future of retail
- Episode 13: XPO chief Brad Jacobs on consolidation in the $2 trillion logistics industry
- Episode 12: President of SEKO on collaboration, cultural differences, and upcoming trends in logistics
- Episode 11: CTO of CaseStack on what Blockchain can do for logistics and supply chain
- Episode 10: DHL eCommerce CEO on cross-border, last mile and all things eCom