Locus Robotics unveils new hardware and software suite
More intelligent robots and greater focus on worker productivity measures rolled out
Locus Robotics (www.locusrobotics.com), a manufacturer of Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMR) for fulfillment warehouses, has announced the launch of its Winter 2019 software and hardware suite, code-named Snowy Owl.
New features include:
- Congestion Management System: Dynamic software actively tracks and adjusts the robots' travel paths through the warehouse to minimize traffic congestion.
- "Top-Off" Auto-Charging: The Locus software automatically recognizes slow order times to direct robots to charge, or "top off" to reduce downtime.
- Gamification: Measured either individually or in teams, workers are able to see, in real-time, how their individual performance compares to that of their peers, through leaderboards and rankings, and earn on-screen awards.
- Directed Picking: Intuitive on-screen graphics direct the warehouse worker to the next nearest pick location.
- Worker Performance Indicators: This dynamic feature allows each worker to graphically visualize her productivity level while working, in real time, both in the absolute, and relative to her performance goals.
- Blue Safety Light: Bright safety light projects out the front of each bot when in operation, for added warehouse safety.
- In-Depth Management Reporting: The new management portal features detailed reporting systems. Through the portal, operations personnel can review all robot and worker performance both in real time, as well as historically.
- Top-mounted E-Stop Button: The safety stop button is now mounted to the top of each robot's mast for easier access.
- Electrical Peripheral Support: The robot's vertical mast now incorporates an electrical harness that allows the customer to attach a printer or other peripheral device.
"We are thrilled to unveil the Winter 2019 Release, which features significant productivity-driving enhancements to our robotics hardware and software," said Rick Faulk, CEO of Locus Robotics. "It is an exciting time for innovation in retail. Major brands and third party logistics companies are turning to technology to maximize productivity in an increasingly competitive labor market. This new suite of software and hardware includes the most advanced and innovative suite of robotics capabilities on the market to date, and will ensure that our customers can meet the needs of their consumers and achieve the highest productivity gains possible."